Friday, November 19, 2010

Run to HIM

Last night Bryson had been mean to Kaden and so Brad had a discussion with Bryson about the consequences that went along with what he did. As the dialogue went along Bryson made a very strong statement that he was just going to lock his door and do what he wanted. Brad reminded him of a bigger consequence that could come from a decision like that. Bryson very quickly said sorry for his statement and then said "I just wish I was in Heaven, I could be playing with Jalyn" (Jalyn was a 10 year old friend who died in a car accident this past April)

As I thought about Bryson's statement I wondered what he was really thinking. Did he see Heaven as this safe place where there is no discipline and you can just play all the time? My hope is that Bryson knows that Heaven is a safe place. But I wondered how I can teach him and show him that we can feel safe here on earth too!! This really got my mind churning. Do I truly believe I am safe here on earth? There are so many struggles each day, so many hard decisions and some times I just want to get off this wild roller coaster ride. This verse came to my mind - John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” How I desire to cling to that verse. I can feel safe here on earth if I receive the peace of my Heavenly Father, trust HIM, run to HIM and rest in His arms. He has overcome so that I can live in a safe place here and now.

No comments: