Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My prayer

This prayer is taken from Lysa Terkeurst book "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl". I have read this over and over again, but today it struck me in a deeper way. I have been struggling with words such as surrender, faith, control, worry, desire. As I read it I realized again how this needs to be my prayer daily as I seek His face.

Just for today I will live this way… just for today, I am making the choice to not settle, Lord. Just for today, I will not let the subtle influences of pride and thinking I know what is best for me over shadow my desire for more of You in my life. Today, I will believe with absolute certainty. Today, I will obey You with complete surrender. Today, I will seek You with complete abandon. For doing this is fulfilling the purpose for which I was created…not to bring myself glory by some great accomplishment, but to bring You glory by making You my greatest heart’s desire. O God, let me make that choice today. Even if it is just for a day – how I long for it to be more, but even if it is just for today, may it be completely so. For one day completely with You is truly, truly better than a thousand elsewhere. In Jesus’ name, Amen!!

I want to hear His voice calling my name, and like Samual did "speak Lord, for your servant is listening." (1 samual 3:10) HERE I AM LORD!!

No comments: